As a care assistant, you will be required to work with a range of clients, providing vital support to suite their individual needs.
The role of a care assistant will require you to:
- Understand and implement carefully thought-out individual care plans.
- Ensure the safety and confidentiality of those you support, adhering to safeguarding regulation and GDPR.
- Recognising actual or potential challenging situations and navigating this through correct procedure.
- Building strong rapport with the clients you support.
- Aiding those you support with their day-to-day tasks, including personal care and medication.
- Maintaining a safe environment through awareness of Health and Safety regulations.
- Attend appropriate training programmes to further existing knowledge and comply with new legislation.
- Remember you are representing C4 Care Ltd. and conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Maintain written records as require by the service.
- Maintain confidentiality, dignity, respect, choices and safeguarding at all times.
- Maintain competency to deliver specific needs of the service.
- Report any concerns appropriately.
Personal Care of Clients
- When required, participate in personal care of clients and assist the person with:
- Washing their body and hair (cutting nails is not permitted).
- Use of toilet/aids.
- Eating and drinking.
- Personal grooming.
- Administer prescribed medication (if appropriately trained) – promote self-care and education.
- Preparation of meals, taking into account any dietary needs.
- Emptying commode/support with continence aids
- All such assistance will be given while observing the client’s dignity and privacy.
- Fulfilling the outcomes of the care support plan, including observing the client’s medical state throughout the visit and act accordingly.
Health Care Needs
Under supervision of the appropriate healthcare professional, assist the client with health care needs; and only where specifically trained to do so:
- Catheter care/continence.
- Stoma care.
- Simple, unsterile dressings.
- Eye drops.
- Medication (the giving of injections and the administering of controlled drugs is NOT allowed unless specified within the medication regime, for example rescue medication).
- Pressure area care.
- Bowel care (the insertion of suppositories or enema and manual evacuation is NOT permitted).
- Other appropriate health care, client specific, such as epilepsy management, PEG feeding, oxygen therapy etc.
- Assist the client with domestic/practical help if required: –
- Cleaning areas used by client i.e., bathroom, kitchen, bedroom etc.
- Lighting or turning on fires.
- Shopping – as specified within care support plan.
- Assist with clerical requirements as defined
- It is important to recognise the overall well-being and safeguarding of the client at all times and to report any concerns or changes in support provided.
- To adhere to operational policies and procedure for your role, responsibility and professional boundaries.
- Encourage feedback and participation of the client, representatives to continually develop and improve the services.
- Ensure all required care records are completed fully and appropriately (i.e., notes, MAR charts, sessional reports, incident reports etc.)
- Inform C4 Care Ltd. of changes within the role and personal circumstances.
- Attend Supervision, staff engagement, appraisals and continued professional development opportunities relevant for the role.
- To provide evidence and documents that ensure full compliance of employment as requested by C4 Care Ltd.
- To participate in the continued improvement of the service and compliance with associated legislative requirements such as the Care Quality Commission and best practice guidance
COMMUNITY CARE WORKER/CARE ASSISTANT (COMPLEX)
- Proven experience within care profession, person-centred care.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate numeracy.
- Articulate with good reporting skills.
- Clear understanding of issues surrounding confidentiality.
- Ability to display good, sound common sense.
- Smart, professional appearance.
- Possess good organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate appropriate availability, demonstrate a flexible and enthusiastic approach.
- Commitment to complete minimum of QCF qualifications in Care / health if not currently held and to complete any training deemed essential by C4 Care Ltd.
- QCF 2,3,4 in Care / Health qualification (or equivalent) or recognised social / health care qualification.
- Basic computer literacy – complete timesheets, reports, emails etc.
- Car driver and access to vehicle.
Staff may be required to fulfil client specific training or demonstrate experience in such areas for example: –
- Children and Young People
- Older People
- Medical conditions, such as autism, learning disabilities, diabetes, acquired brain injuries, dementia, stroke, child development, advocacy, life limiting illness, mental health etc.
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.